Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February Favorites

March is officially here and it came in with a bang this morning when I woke up to snow all over my car. Ugh. But through and through I'm glad that February has come to a close. It was a day longer this year and there have been some pretty beautiful Saturdays recently, too (we're talkin' high 50's)

Here are a few things I've loved this month

Makeup:
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
After many failed face primers, I think I finally found one that I like. My makeup doesn't smudge nearly as much with this stuff and I like that it's not super goopy. I got mine at ULTA, and a little bit goes a long way. After wearing it several times, it doesn't even look like I used a drop.

Sephora Pantone Universe Pallet
I'm not going to say too much about this sine I've already done an entire post on in, but all I can say is that I'm definitely looking forward to wearing more of these pastels once spring arrives. *Swoon*

Nails:
OPI: Warm Me Up

There's nothing like a good cozy polish and this one just warms me right up! It's the kind of color that is flattering no matter what your skin tone is and the sheen is flawless.

Hair:
Redken High Impact Finishing Spray Wax

After I got my hair cut short with lots of layers, I knew that I was going to have to find a good product to use on a daily basis to give it plenty of volume. Little did I know that dry wax sprays were expensive! I got the travel size because I wasn't sure if I was going to love it but it works really well! There's another one to try on my wish list, but I'll wait until I finish this bad ass first.

Remington Pear Pro Flat Iron
Another tool I've been getting out more is this flat iron. I love how much space actually heats up so it makes for a quick and easy job when I'm rushing to get out the door.

TV:
Hell's Kitchen 
It's like a train wreck that I just can't look away from. This show has been running for so long and it's so predictable, but I just can't look away from.

Downton Abbey
The only TV show that I watch in real time. I'm completely gutted that this Sunday is the final episode *tear*

Food:
Black Bean Brownies
I had quite the hankering for something sweet last weekend so I decided to whip up a batch of these. If you don't like dark chocolate, then this recipe definitely isn't for you. Oh, and no, you can't taste the beans at all. They're pretty much incorporated simply for texture. I ate way too many, but hey, what are you gonna do?

Books:

Isa Does it
Basically where I find the majority of my recipes. There are so many to choose from, and I like that there are plenty of pictures too!

Bitter is the new Black
I don't think I've ever laughed out loud so many times reading a book. The author is hilarious and I've already been scoping out libraries near me to pick up some more.

Past time:
Coloring
So I've gone back to my 9 year old roots and have been coloring like there's no tomorrow. I started back up right before Christmas when I suddenly just had an urge to be semi-creative. I had no idea that this was the latest "thing". I thought I was going to have a hard time finding a coloring book that didn't involve a Disney Princess or Mickey Mouse but the shelves were balls to the walls full of "adult coloring books". This one is my favorite.


I'm hoping March will bring more warm weather and less snow. I long vacation or two would be nice as well, but hey, who knows. Happy March!




No comments:

Post a Comment