Autumn is definitely in the air. Not to the point where one must wear a coat, but to the point where you're not going to get crazy looks if you walk out of the house in a pair of leather mid-calf boots.
Fall fashion musts:
1. Pancho -- I used to tell myself that I would never buy one of these things, and I think my 3 years in retail where we sold them and they were constantly falling off the hanger made me hate them even more. Recently though, I've been a bit intrigued by this armhole lacking garment, and I'm currently wrapped in this aztec printed poncho from Express.
*Need I mention it substitutes as a blanket? Winning*
2. Boots, boots, and more boots -- I don't care if they're booties, knee high, mid calf or half calf (someone had too much coffee this morning) they will be in my closet and the main attraction of my outfit. This past weekend I purchased these Tahari booties and am currently lusting over these Sam Edelman over-the-knee boots. I always love a good suede, and basic black boots can be paired with almost anything.
3. The right accessory -- Fall also lets us appreciate all things that provide extra coziness such as scarves, beanies, and leg warmers. These are a few of my favorite things! Oh the endless possibilities of mixing and matching makes my heart warm and cozy.
4. Nail game -- Fall nail polish reminds us that there really are 50 shades of grey... and black. My favorite brands include OPI and Butter London. (I'll do a separate post on my favorite colors for fall soon). Both brands are always on point with the latest trends which accompany cute color names.
So go, be merry! Drink lots of cider, coffee, tea, and eat endless amounts of donuts from your local cider mill. Carve pumpkins, light candles, and enjoy every sounding crunch of leaves under your feet. Spend time in your kitchen baking pies and stirring soups and stews. Go to your grocery store and appreciate not having to spend your life savings on a few honey crisp apples.
And as always...have a great day! :D
Saturday, September 26, 2015
Now that the 2015 Warrior Ride is over and Autumn has officially arrived I'm hoping to get back on schedule with everything.
Saturday, September 5, 2015
I am feeling on top of the world for a couple of reasons this morning.
1. It's the start of a (much needed) 3 day weekend.
2. I have plans to do a little shopping today and Monday.
3. Yesterday I finished my first month of Insanity!
Now, I've done Insanity in the past, and what I love about it most is that it's hard, it remains interesting/motivating, and it WORKS. I've done workout videos in the past (I'm not a gym person) and they've been just okay, but Insanity is a winner in my opinion.
For the next week I'm on schedule to do a recovery video to get myself ready for the (even harder) second month which consists of 1 hour long intense interval circuit training videos. But since I own the deluxe version, I can swap my Core Cardio and Balance video with the Max Interval Sports Training video if I choose to do so (and I think I will, at least on and off to keep things interesting and more challenging).
All you need is (and what I use)