Saturday, September 5, 2015

Labor Day Weekend

I am feeling on top of the world for a couple of reasons this morning.

1. It's the start of a (much needed) 3 day weekend. 

2. I have plans to do a little shopping today and Monday.

3. Yesterday I finished my first month of Insanity!

Now, I've done Insanity in the past, and what I love about it most is that it's hard, it remains interesting/motivating, and it WORKS.  I've done workout videos in the past (I'm not a gym person) and they've been just okay, but Insanity is a winner in my opinion. 

For the next week I'm on schedule to do a recovery video to get myself ready for the (even harder) second month which consists of 1 hour long intense interval circuit training videos. But since I own the deluxe version, I can swap my Core Cardio and Balance video with the Max Interval Sports Training video if I choose to do so (and I think I will, at least on and off to keep things interesting and more challenging).

All you need is (and what I use)


                  A yoga mat  
A water bottle (pictured:  Nathan BigShot Narrow Mouth 32 oz. Water Bottle)

Good workout shoes. My favorite:  Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 31. 


There's also a video in the deluxe edition that calls for weights, but that's the only real equipment one would need. 

I've been doing insanity 6 days a week (usually right after work) and coming home and running during my 1 hour lunch break (I can usually squeeze in a 2-2 1/2 mile run and a 1/4-1/2 mile walk). It feels great to finally have a solid routine where nothing really gets in my way, and if by off chance something does, then I can try and work around it. 

My daily routine looks a little something like this: 
7:00 Wake up get ready/go to work
12:00-1:00 Come home, run on the treadmill
5:00 Come home, do Insanity
6:00 Make dinner
9:30 Fall asleep on the couch 

Here's a look at some tasty dishes I've made in the past few weeks:

 




Wine has also become a tradition during dinner, no wonder I fall asleep on the couch shortly after.

I'm a little sad that Summer is drawing to a close. I love being outside in the sunshine and feeling the warm air, but the holidays are a nice change of pace. I'm thinking of putting T25 or P90X on my birthday/Christmas list this year. *Squeal* so we'll see!

Have a great weekend, everybody!

--Angelle




No comments:

Post a Comment