Saturday, June 20, 2015

Life update

After four months... I'm back! At least I hope this is the beginning of a steady stream of updates. The last time I posted was in February and now that summer is here and the warm weather is actually here to stay I've kept fairly busy.

With working full time and trying to be outside and staying active as much as possible I'm finding it difficult to find time to sit down and stare at a computer screen. So here I am at my dining room table at quarter to 8 on a Saturday morning sipping my morning cup o' joe and ready to roll. Perfect. 

So what's new with me? Well, in March I discovered that I actually enjoy running.


(But first, let me take a selfie) 

Running? Me? Crazy, I know. Once I actually figured out how to BREATHE while running, it wasn't as hard as I remembered from middle school track and field... where I came last or almost last in just about every event. 

So now I spend a lot of my time at either the track or on the treadmill. I've even done a couple 5K's just for the hell of it. 

My main love still: biking. And I would love to say that we've been biking as much as last summer, but I feel like the weather is just never in our favor. Last week I rode to work for the first time this season and it was great to get in a little cardio first thing in the morning. 
It also feels incredible to just zip down the sidewalk at the end of the day when everybody else is sitting in traffic. Suckas!

Oh, and basically those like 7 pounds I put on over the winter need to get the fuck out of dodge. (It's a slow process, but I'm getting there)

I've actually inquired on getting a personal trainer. It sounds extravagant, but for a couple times a week and unlimited classes, it would be worth it for me. I'm hoping that's a possibility next month. *Fingers crossed* ;)

I've also been trying to read more. I finally went and just got a library card so I don't have to buy books all the time. I know we've recently converted our office into a library, but I hardly ever read a book twice. 


A very interesting read lately was this book: 

 I learned a lot about what Vaganism is all about and, unfortunately, the life of a cow. I'm still having nightmares. (Just kidding) 

But all that aside I'm still a makeup junkie who buys a lot of shoes and bags. I've recently picked up a couple of pallets that I'm obsessing over and finding every excuse to use. (Reviews to come) Oh! Oh! and I have a new closet/makeup room!

I haven't taken any pictures yet, as it's ALMOST fully complete, but basically we flip flopped our bedroom with my old closet and got some new furniture including a new makeup table and cosmetic storage cabinets.
I have so much extra space to spread out and move around. The best part: It was my husbands idea! He worked so hard on making everything perfect for me. I'm one lucky girl. 

So I guess that's it for now. I'm all dressed and ready to ride a bike trail this morning, Enjoy your summer, and enjoy your day. I hope to be back soon.

XO- Angelle 

1 comment:

  1. Girl of I was you. I wouldn't worry about the 7 pounds you gain. You look great.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete