Saturday, August 15, 2015

Ulta's Free Gift with Purchase : What to Expect




Thursday morning, I opened my vanity drawer to discover that I only had one more application of my NYX retractable black eyeliner remaining, so a trip to Ulta was on the agenda as soon as I got out of work. 

I haven't been in Ulta for a while. I've been trying to be good and not buy so much makeup, except necessities, so I figured I'd take a look around. 

After wandering around for 45 minutes swatching all the lovely products I strolled over to the drugstore section to discover that if you spent, I believe it was $20 or more, on any Ulta brand product(s), then you would receive a free gift. 

I picked out two of their brushes, a buffing brush and a large eye shadow brush, and was told at the register that I could pick one of the three different colored bags on this large table near the entrance. They offered, gold, silver, and a pretty plum. I'm also not sure if all of the contents are the same in all the bags, or if they give you different colors depending on the bag you picked but here's what was in mine, and what you can generally expect if you decide to take advantage/stumble across this offer. 

3 eyeshadow quads. (Ulta brand eyeshadows are actually pretty good quality. I actually wore the blue, green, and cream already and they weren't terrible) 
2 duo eyeshadows. (1 is matte, the other has a glitter top coat that isn't quite my cup of tea) 
1 lip stick 
1 lip gloss
1 mini nail polish (The color is "Bittersweet" which is a deep oxblood)
1 double ended eye liner (black and brown) 
1 full sized mascarra (which I also tried
. Wand is nice, formula is milky)
1 liquid eyebrow filler (not my shade, will be thrown out, unfortunately) 
3 brushes (1 for shadow, one for blush (so it says, but I use it for highlight since it's slightly flat), 1 flat shadow brush, (which I like for paint pots and cream shadows)) 
1 top zip cosmetic bag with tassel
Following is a closer look at some of the products:



Lip stick in the color "Basically Berry"

Lip Gloss in the color "Sheer Opal"

Eye Shadow quad colors:
Iceland                  Moonbeam
Peacock                Sapphire 

Eye Shadow quad colors:
Champagne        Aztec Gold
Verdigris            Molten

Eye Shadow quad colors:
Innocence           Havana Nights
Buttercream       Blackout

Glitter Eye Shadow top coat colors:
High maintenance         Gold Digger

Sunkissed blush/highlighter duo
The blush is more of a bronzer, and the highlighter is extremely light, but eh, what do you expect in a free gift. 


End note:

Everybody have a great weekend!


XO-Angelle






No comments:

Post a Comment