Sunday, July 5, 2015

“Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.”

Summer is my favorite time of year. I love how it stays light well after nine o'clock and when I wake up at 4:30 in the morning to grab the blankets the sun is just starting to rise. I feel like I really do have an entire day to do whatever I want, and I always want to make the most of it.

I feel guilty and gutted if I spend my afternoon or evening sitting on the couch reading a book when the weather is absolutely breathtaking.  That doesn't mean I have to give up reading though. Now, I'll put my book in a small back pack and bike over to a park or sit outside of the library and do some reading there.

 Sometimes it's fun to pack a blanket and a snack and soak up some rays. Being outside is enough to put a smile on my face. It makes me happy.

My current read is The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, who sets different goals every month of the year to make her life happier. So far it's been a good read, and it's a nice change to my otherwise first choice of fiction novels.

With that in mind, I think I'm ready to take the plunge and join a class. I've been really giving yoga some thought to help me relax and be around other people who are interested in the same activities as I am. I start my new job on Monday, and I want to go in with a new state of mind. It'll be great to finally have the opportunity to pursue ideas and activities that have been bouncing around in my brain for months now.

Not only was this 4th of July weekend, but it was also a weekend to celebrate my new beginning.


I'm excited for what's to come in the next few months, and I hope that I'm able to make the absolute best out of it.  I think it's important not to take life for granted. Today I even hopped on the treadmill after a few weeks off due to an injured foot, and it felt amazing!

Remember to do what makes you happy. And if you find something you like, do it, and do it often. I hope you guys had a great weekend and a lovely holiday. 

“They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” 
― Tom Bodett

XO-Angelle








No comments:

Post a Comment