Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Baking Season

Last night after work I decided to take the night off from Insanity (I ran 3 miles during lunch anyway) and decided to do the complete opposite: I baked muffins!

And not just 1 kind of muffin... but 3! All in all I made 24 total (that's a lot of muffins) so I figured, why not share the love, and I gave half of them away to my in-laws.

This idea came to me when I realized I had a lot of mashed pumpkin still in my refrigerator from the Maple Pumpkin Chili that I made in the slow cooker over the weekend. So I hopped to it.

The first batch I made have oats, pumpkin, and maple syrup. 
Batch number two was the same as #1, but I substituted honey for maple syrup, and added dried cranberries. 
Both of these would be great for breakfast with your morning coffee. They're very dense and therefore very filling. 

Batch #3 is more your traditional muffin and included oats, pumpkin, dried cranberries, brown sugar, whole wheat flour, etc. These are more of a treat, with them being a bit sweeter, fluffier and higher in calories (137 to be exact)

They turned out so good! I'm glad I had plenty of pumpkin puree left. I hope to try more baking in the near future. I love to cook entrees, but for some reason baking/desserts and breakfast don't really inspire me. 

Also, last year I don't think I did anything with a pumpkin except carve out a smile, so I'm happy to be experimenting a bit more this season. 

I have a pumpkin and apple soup of my sleeve also *squeal*

Enjoy the pumpkin spice season while it lasts and have a good week. :)

XO-ANGELLE




No comments:

Post a Comment