Friday, January 8, 2016

2015 Favorites

Beware! Long post ahead.... enter at your own risk. 

I hope I'm not too late on the bandwagon with this, but 2015 was a whirlwind of amazing products. It seems as though every company was coming out with a new palette to entice our makeup junkie minds. To top it all off, there were a lot of collaborative palettes too, so even if the new Urban Decay palette didn't sweep you off your feet, your love for Gwen Stefani did and was therefore justified. 

Being a makeup junkie myself, I gave into a lot of splurges and entice throughout 2015 and I've come up with a list of my favorite products from each category. 
Face Primer:  NYX Shine Killer

I'm still on the hunt for an amazing all over face/makeup primer (the closest being Mally Beauty Perfect Prep Poreless Primer...but the packaging is far from perfect). Nyx Shine Killer really has made a difference on my T-Zone to tame the only spots I tend to get glossy. 












Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion

Nothing tops Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I've gone through several tubes and have been by their side through the endless repackaging dilemmas. (I still miss the squeeze tube minus the wand) If I plan on wearing shadow all day, this is the only primer I'll use. 













Eye Shadow Palette: Urban Decay Naked 2 

I own a lot of eye shadow, but I tend to reach for Naked 2 the most. Coming in a close second was Urban Decay Vice 3 which has a nice mix of fun colors, but Naked 2 is a bit more wearable on a daily basis. I have actually hit pan on Verve, if that says anything. 




Mascara:  Too Faced Better Than Sex

I made a post a while back dedicated to the great mascara hunt, and after a lot of trial and error I finally found a winner. I love the formula, the wand, the packaging, and the name. The only thing I don't like: the price--eek! A close second was Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes -- but with only a $2.00 difference I'll just stick with my one true love. 












Eyeliner: NYX Retractable Eyeliner

I'm not a picky person when it comes to eyeliner. As long as it doesn't smudge without my approval, doesn't scratch my eyelid upon application, and doesn't involve sharpening -- I'm in! This one doesn't do any of those... yay! 












Foundation: NARS Sheer Glow 

A few years ago I struggled to find a foundation to match my pale neutral toned complexion. I was wasting a lot of time and money trying to find something at the drugstore. Finally one day I let the foundation lady at Sephora have her way with me. We decided on Sibera by NARS and I've never looked back. 












Bronzer: Anastasia Contour Kit 

Okay, so this is kind of cheating but the bottom row (middle and far left) are my favorite bronzers. The formula is wonderful and the staying power is on point. I love me some bronzer and this kit is 100% worth it. 





Blush: Milani Rose Powder Blush









These "limited edition" blushes came in an assortment of colors and are quite pigmented for the drugstore price. They have an array of colors that work year round and look great on all skin tones. I still see them kicking around every so often but I think I've managed to get them all. 

Highlight: Hourglass: Luminous

Hourglass has gained in popularity in the makeup community the past few years due to a luxurious formulation and beautiful packaging. Hourglass won my heart when I picked up this color from their highlight collection. The powder goes on effortlessly and gives my cheekbones a beautiful shine. 













Lips: Burts Bees Replenishing Lip Balm 

I have to admit, I've taken a slight break from lipstick and lip gloss. I'll still don a bright or dark lip for a special occasion but in the meantime I stick to this lip balm. It adds a slight touch of color but lacks the need for any touch-ups. 












Nails: OPI

When you own as many nail polishes as I do, it's nearly impossible to pick one color you've loved the whole year. So instead, I'll pick a brand. OPI never fails to wow me with their formulation and cutsie names. Sure, they've had their duds, but honestly which company hasn't. I have $14 dollar bottles of Butter London that have left me far from impressed. OPI continuously comes out with great collections and a great assortment of color selections. Another year gone, and they're still my #1. 

Face Product: Clinique #3 Toner 

I never thought I wold use up this product, but 2 bottles later and it's my holy grail. Even after I've used 3 products to remove my makeup and wash my face, it never fails to find that last little bit of dirt or foundation that wouldn't budge. Also, after a workout during my lunch break, this is a great cleanser to give my face a good once over without messing up my eye makeup. 












Hair Products:  *TIE*  Not Your Mothers: Beach Babe & Batiste Dry Shampoo 

I seriously could not decide between these two. I've been a huge fan of Batiste dry shampoo for years. I've tried many other brands but always seem to come back to this one. (Although, I heard the Kardashian one is really good too). 
Not Your Mothers is a brand I've tried a few products from, including their dry shampoo and hairspray... which both sucked. The dry shampoo made matters worse and the hairspray had a really terrible smell. But among them was a diamond in the rough-a styling spray. It works wonders reviving second day curls or is a great base to put in your hair before you get started curling. 







Fragrance: *TIE* Lolita Lempika & Chanel Chance Eau Tendre 

Okay, so it's not really a tie, but I split it up between seasons.  Lolita Lempika has been a favorite scent of mine for quite some time now. It's a perfume that I've repurchased time and time again. To me it smells enchanting and seductive. It's absolute heaven. 
Chanel Chance Eau Tendre is a perfume I picked up around Christmas last year on a whim. I wanted to try something new for Spring/Summer and this was the winner. It's mature, but not old lady, and a mix of floral and fruit. If you haven't smelled this before....beware! You're sure to fall in love. 

MISCELLANEOUS (The 5 senses) 

Touch: The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

I'm not a huge fan of hand lotion unless I'm desperate and my hands are cracked, but The Body Shop Body Butters leave my legs and arms feeling silky and smooth year round. 

Taste: Chocolate Glazed Doughnut Coffee

I've tried a few brands, my favorites being Donut House K-Cups and Dunkin' Donuts loose coffee. They taste so good! It's a fulfilling way to get the taste without any of the guilt. Win! 







Hear:  Lana Del Rey Hollywood Album 

I haven't bought a CD since I was in High School, but one artist will bring me back to my teenage youth, and that's Lana Del Rey. When I heard "High by the Beach" I knew this album was going to be awesome, and it definitely met my expectations. I love her first two albums just as much, and I'm hoping one day she'll do a holiday Christmas album. How amazing would that be? *swoon* 


Smell: Mint Mocha Bark candle from Bath and Body Works. 

The best smelling candle of all time hands down. After burning through a 3 wick last year, my sister surprised me with a single wick last year for Christmas that I've been savoring. I would buy out the entire store of these if I could, but unfortunately they're usually sold out. 













See: TV SHOW: Downton Abbey 

I discovered this show shortly after it came out and have been hooked ever since. I wish we didn't have to wait so long between seasons and I'm completely gutted that this is the season finale. Nooo!!

BOOKS: 
Self help "Lessons from Madame Chic" and "The Happiness Project". I've read a lot of books this year ranging from self-improvement, fiction, non fiction, and cook books, but I blasted through self-improvement books the fastest.  They're nice in that they help keep your life/house/closet in check while passing some helpful tips along the way. 

I'm excited  try out some new goodies I got for Christmas this year, and who knows, they may be a favorite for me next year. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and let me know your thoughts on some of your favorites. 


XO-ANGELLE





No comments:

Post a Comment