Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! 2016 is in full swing and is already off to a great start... meaning I'm still enjoying every second of this 4 day weekend.

I was happy to ring in the new year with some great friends and family. We failed to watch the ball drop in Times Square because we were too enthralled playing Cards Against Humanity. Oh, and when you start drinking at 8:30, things can get out of hand a little early. Oops




In all "Angelle's NYE feast" glory, I had to think of what kind of food to prepare for this year. At first we were thinking pizza, but even with an array of toppings, it's still quite boring so instead we went with making middle eastern food. The star of the show was this bad boy:
Homemade Baklava.

I also made kabobs, tabouleh, and falafels. We served humus, olives, and grape leaves as other finger foods.

It was a nice evening but I was ready to get up and start the new year.

Resolutions: 
I know a lot of people give resolutions a long sigh... mostly those who have gym memberships, but I think it's important to look at your life from the previous year and find something in which you'd like to improve upon. There's nothing wrong with self improvement, and one doesn't have to have a laundry list of qualities they'd like to change, just one or maybe two aspects that need attention.
I should have known better to try to do "No Wine November" with all of the holidays approaching, but now that we're in a lull of celebration until March (first day of Spring) or April (Easter) I can focus more of my attention to that dagger in my side without much interruption.
My other resolution was to enjoy the quality of my life more, meaning, try to find happiness in what used to make me happy.

I pulled this Q&A 5 year journal back out to not only help me take a look back to the past 2 years, but to finish something that I started.

Last night we took down the Christmas decorations and tomorrow I go back to work. I'm overjoyed that there is still no snow covering the ground and that this weekend has been filled with friends, family, and a little bit of relaxing.
I took a little break after finishing Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and and am half way through this book:

It was a gift from my mother-in-law for Christmas. She's getting to know my taste a bit better ;) 

I hope the new year finds you full of energy and joy, and have a great weekend. 

XO-ANGELLE


No comments:

Post a Comment