Friday, November 21, 2014

Winter Wonderland

It's not technically Winter yet, but it sure does feel like it outside. Metro Detroit received it's first official snow fall with a grand total of 2 whole inches (which I heard will probably melt away through the weekend). 
Although I've lived in Michigan my entire life, I still hate every minute of this weather during these months, and I take keeping warm very seriously. 

When I bundle up, I bundle up. Scarf, hate, mittens, CHECK.  My new asymmetrical coat from French Connection is 60% wool and is fairly long, so it's doing a great job of keeping me warm. But on days when that's not enough I throw on this fur scarf and bobble hat for extra coziness. 
Scarf: Target




Gloves: Calvin Klein (similar) 
Nail polish: OPI "Warm and Fozzie"

Honestly there's nothing I want more than to stay cooped up in the house on a cold blustery night with a yummy smelling candle and some tea or coffee. 

We recently got a Keurig and I am totally in love with this thing. I think my favorite flavor so far has to be Donut House Chocolate Glazed Donut. I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E.  Though, Cinnamon Bun is pretty delicious as well, so it comes in at a close second. 


My nights in a nut shell. I know it's a little early to have Winter/Christmas decorations up, but I went into a few stores last weekend to try and pick up a few last minute Thanksgiving decorations and there wasn't a trace of anything fall left. The stores are even playing Christmas music already! So when in Rome, do what the Romans do! Target had an amazing advent calendar and some super cute mugs that were just what I was looking for. TJMaxx and Home Goods had some yummy smelling candles (I picked up "Mistletoe" and "Fig") and I even already have my holiday cards! I learned my lesson last year by getting some when I was ready to send them out and they were pretty picked over. This year I got some really good ones and I can't wait to give them to my friends and family. 

I hope you're staying warm if you're getting hit with some snow like we are and are finding stylish ways to stay warm. What's a must have for your winter wardrobe? Let me know. 
Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment