Sunday, November 22, 2015

First snow fall

Well, winter has officially shown it's ugly face as of yesterday morning. Throughout the course of the day it went from this to this.


It actually worked out okay though because it gave us a chance to work on painting the living room which we've been putting off for what feels like decades.  I'm hoping to have it all done before Friday, because as of yesterday, I'm hosting a "Thanksgiving Dinner" for my in-laws. Little do they know, I'm planning a vegan Thanksgiving. I have a lot of planning and prep to do before hand but I have the menu pretty much worked out. 

I'm also helping my mom on Wednesday and Thursday to pull off a traditional Thanksgiving dinner at her place. I have a feeling I'm not going to want to cook for a very long time after all this is done. Haha, yea right, who are we kidding? ;) 

In other news... I got new glasses! I feel kind of silly getting them since there was nothing wrong with my old pair and my prescription really hadn't changed that much.
Cute right? I tried them on in red at the store since that's all they had available and special ordered them in black. I've never owned Gucci frames before but I really like them. I had my heart set on Jimmy Choos, which were the last brand I had, but apparently they wouldn't have been able to accommodate my prescription for the lenses, so I had to go with something else. 

The cold weather has inspired me to try out some new recipes. 

Here's a few things I've been cooking: 

Earlier this week I made stuffed peppers with cauliflower rice. They were incredible!


And here is a vegan shepherd's pie. I substituted rutabaga and a carrot puree for the mashed potatoes. Yum!


This weeks nail game: Butter London's: No More Waity Kaity. Color is unique and gorgeous but this puppy chipped like CRAZY. You'd think for $14 dollars a bottle it would have a little better staying power. 
 

Current color: Orly: Royal Navy 

I like this color because it has a subtle green sparkle tucked away in there. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great rest of the weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment