Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Where have I been?

Well, I'm finally starting to get back into the swing of things. I've been AWOL for a little while but it's for a good reason, trust me. Last weekend I was a participant in the Warrior Ride, which was a 200+ mile bike ride along the west side of Michigan. 

The cause was for the Christopher Willis foundation which supports families of fallen or injured soldiers. It was a four day long bike ride through the rain and cold. 




Here we had just gotten to the hotel after the first day of riding and it rained for the first 50 miles of our 76 mile goal that day. I was covered in mud from head to toe and had to change my socks three times because they were soaked and my feet were going numb. 
The amount of hills and pure exertion that all of us had to put forward was phenomenal but we made it safe and sound without too many injuries. 
I was lucky, I didn't have any malfunctions with my bike and I didn't have any falls. Woohoo!



We had a lot of great meals and witnessed some pretty amazing views of the west side, which I never have really seen too much of in my days growing up on the east side of Michigan. 




Over all I had a great experience and I can't wait to do it again next year. I'm not sure where the next adventure is going to take us but we'll probably start to hear more details next summer. 

I have a lot of great style posts to share with you guys, since it went from Summer to Fall like that! I came back from my trip and immediately got into my boots and scarves. Stay tuned for what I've been mixing and matching the past few days. 

Until then!

XO--Angelle

No comments:

Post a Comment