Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The season of plaid

This weekend had me seeing red. I spent my rainy Saturday running errands with a friend and doing a bit of shopping. After a long work week, I was looking forward to wearing something comfortable and casual. 



I've been trying to find a classic red plaid shirt forever now it seems, and I found this long T-Shirt dress by Chloe K at TJ Maxx last week. It's pretty much everything i wanted, but in dress form. I cinched it at the waist with a black belt to frame my figure a bit more, as it's a bit wide and baggy in the torso.
As it was also chilly outside, I wore simple black leggings underneath and wore my Hunter rain boots from Nordstrom

On my noggin I wore a studded grey beanie from Meijer *gasp*, and just crimped my hair using the ol' cheat method. (texture spray and braids over night finished off with a bit of hairspray; more on this later)
This gave my outfit a bit of a 90's feel mixed with a bit of grunge. Hats can be a hard accessory for me to pull off, but I'm never ashamed to rock a good beanie. 

Eye makeup was banging, smoking it out with a little bit of Urban Decay and Stila.

Cheeks were a little bit of bronzer from this it Cosmetics face disc, and a little bit of highlight and blush. 

Handbag: Steve Madden

Don't forget those leg warmers!

And there you have it! I threw on some leg warmers and a leather jacket and headed out into the gloom. 

While out shopping I did find some great new pieces to incorporate into my fall/winter wardrobe. A look at those items are coming soon!


XO-Angelle









1 comment: